Do you seek to slaughter, process, and wholesale meat or poultry commercially? Do you seek to sell your products only within the state of Georgia? Do you seek to produce custom exempt meat or poultry exempted products? Then you need to apply for one of the following licenses.
There are 4 types of GMIS licenses you may apply for:
- Small Poultry Exempt License
- Custom Exempt License
- State Meat Inspection License
- Talmage Aiken (TA) License
Which license do you need?
- Are you seeking to slaughter, process, and sell 1,000 birds or less of your own raising within one calendar year)? Then you need a Small Poultry Exempt License.
- Do you seek to slaughter and/or process livestock exclusively for use by the owner of the animal, their household, nonpaying guests, and employees? Then you need a Custom Exempt License.
- Do you seek to slaughter and/or process livestock and ship your finished products to consumers only within the State of Georgia Then you need a State Meat Inspection License.
- Do you seek to slaughter and/or process livestock or poultry and receive the federal mark of inspection, which allows you to ship to consumers anywhere within or outside the U.S.? Then you need a Talmage Aiken (TA) License.