Important: You must provide proof of citizenship or legal residency when you apply for a license. GDA requires S&V (Secure & Verifiable) documents for all licensees. See the S&V Details page and S&V FAQ for complete information.
Reminder: Please make sure your mailing address, email, and phone number are up-to-date, and that your voicemail is not full. There will be a delay in getting your license if we need to reach you but don't have usable contact information.
GDA’s Plant Protection program manages Live Plant licenses. For more details, including a full list of regulations, see the Nursery program page.
You Need this License If
- You are a Live Plant Dealer (garden center, landscapers, florist re-wholesalers, agents, brokers, etc.), OR
You are a Live Plant Grower (such as field grown nurseries, container nurseries, greenhouse nurseries, collected native plants, or sod and/or sprig growers) and meet at least one of the following conditions:
- Your production space is greater than 1,000 square feet, OR
- You are shipping plants out of state or internationally, OR
- You are bringing plants in from out of state for re-sale, OR
- You are collecting wild plants to sell
Fees and License Period
Licenses are good for 1 year, from January 1 to December 31.
The fee is based on company type and plants being sold. See a full list of Live Plant license fees.
If you allow your license to expire and attempt to renew after February 2, you will need to pay a $50 late fee.
How to Apply or Renew your License
Complete your applications and renewals for Live Plant licenses online through Kelly Registration Systems using the links below. You must pay online as part of the license process. If you have questions about making payments, see our Payments page.
What Happens When You Apply for a License
- When you apply online for your license, the program staff review your application and will contact you if they have any questions.
- Once your initial application is approved, you will receive an email from the us requesting your S&V paperwork.
- Once your S&V paperwork has been received and approved, you will be notified by email how to log in and pay your license fee.
- When you pay your fee, your license certificate will be mailed to you within 1 - 7 business days. You can also login to the Kelly System and print your own license certificate and shipping labels.
Respond promptly to any questions or notifications, and make sure GDA can contact you if needed!
Log in with your License Number and password to renew. Forgot your password? Recover it from the password recovery page or contact our Customer Service Center at the number below.