DATE: January 24, 2022
ACTION: Notice of Intent to Adopt Local Government Companion Animal Trust Fund Rules
TO ALL INTERESTED PERSONS AND PARTIES:
Pursuant to the Official Code of Georgia Annotated, O.C.G.A. § 50-13-4 and O.C.G.A. § 4-11-3, notice is hereby given that the Georgia Department of Agriculture will be accepting written comments regarding the proposed adoption of Local Government Companion Animal Trust Fund Rules (the “LGCATF Rules”). The Department will be accepting written comments from January 25, 2022, to close of business (4:30 p.m. ET) on February 23, 2022.
SYNOPSIS, MAIN FEATURES AND DIFFERENCES:
Statement of Purpose.
The Department is proposing to adopt the LGCATF Rules to provide guidance and clarity regarding the contribution to, qualification to receive funds from, and distribution process from the Local Government Companion Animal Trust Fund established in O.C.G.A. § 4-11-3(c.1).
Rule 40-13-16-.01 General Provisions:
The proposed rule provides definitions for key terms.
Rule 40-13-16-.02 Establishment and Contribution to Fund:
The proposed rule:
- Provides for the funding of the LGCATF by the Department. Rule 40-13-16-.02(1).
- Provides for the generation of a report detailing ingoing and outgoing expenses of the LGCATF. Rule 40-13-16-.02(2).
Rule 40-13-16-.03 Disbursement Process:
The proposed Rule:
- Provides details for how Qualified Local Governments may apply for reimbursement from the LGCATF, as well as required application materials. Rule 40-13-16-.03(1).
- Clarifies what Qualified Expenses will be reimbursable and makes clear the Department’s decision-making standard. Rule 40-13-16-.03(2).
- Details how the Department will make distribution decisions. Rule 40-13-16-.03(3).
COMMENT PERIOD AND ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
The Department will be accepting written comments from January 25, 2022, to close of business (4:30 p.m. ET) on February 23, 2022. Comments will be considered on February 24, 2022. Please submit written comments to:
Companion Animal and Equine Section
Georgia Department of Agriculture
19 Martin Luther King, Jr. Drive
Atlanta, Georgia 30334
Telephone Number: (404) 656-3713
Interested persons may call or submit a written request to obtain a copy of the proposed rule changes. A copy of the synopsis and the proposed rule changes may be downloaded from the Georgia Department of Agriculture website at www.agr.georgia.gov.
This notice is given in compliance with the Georgia Administrative Procedure Act, O.C.G.A. § 50-13-4.