This page lists recent recall alerts for food and feed products that have been distributed to, and/or were produced here in Georgia. Recall notices come from the GDA as well as the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) or the U.S. Department of Agriculture Food Safety Inspection Service (USDA FSIS). To learn more about a recall, click on any of the links below to display the full news release. Only the most recent recalls are posted here, categorized annually by fiscal year (July 1-June 30); click on a year below to see additional recalls.
- Fresh Express Incorporated - Limited quantity of 32-ounce Fresh Express Chopped Romaine with a Product Code of G034A06A and Use-By Date of February 19 due to a possible exposure to undeclared allergens.
- Carnivore Meat Company LLC - One lot of Vital Essentials Frozen Chicken Patties Entrée for Dogs, due to possible Salmonella contamination. Product net wt. 6 lbs., UPC 33211 00807, Lot # 11475, Best by date 20161108 (11/08/16).
- TF Foods - "Fried Bean Snack (Na-Pia-Jo)" in 10.6-oz packages because they may contain an undeclared allergen, peanuts.
- Jel Sert Company - 52 cases of Margaritaville Banana Cream Pie Filling, 4.16-oz cartons used for samples and gift packages distributed nationwide, because they may be contaminated with Salmonella.
- Living Tree Community Foods - Organic Macadamia Nuts (4-oz, clear plastic pouch, lot #153442 marked on the top) and Organic Macadamia Butter (8-oz glass jars, lot #s 134415, 136215, 101716, UPC Code 641432000987). These items were shipped between 12/11/2015 and 2/03/2016 throughout the U.S. via retail outlets in CA & CT and mail order directly to customers.
- Garden of Life LLC - Raw Meal Organic Shake & Meal Chocolate, Original, Vanilla and Vanilla Chai for possible Salmonella Virchow contamination; sold in health food stores and natural grocers across the U.S.
- Figi's Companies, Inc. - Classic Marzipan in 8-oz packages, because the ingredients label does not include the allergen, almonds; distributed nationwide through mail orders and at one retail outlet.
- Dole Fresh Vegetables, Inc. - All Dole brand and private label packaged salads with a product code beginning with the letter “A” in the upper right-hand corner of the package for possible Listeria contamination.
- BlendTech Inc. - One lot of Uncle Buck's Fish Batter Mix "Original" due to an undeclared allergen, milk, in the ingredients; distributed in Bass Pro Shops stores nationwide and through mail order.
- Heritage International - One lot of Trader Joe's Raw Cashew Pieces ("Best Before 07.17.2016 TF4") because of potential contamination from Salmonella.
- Cape Cod Provisions, LLC - Cape Cod Cranberry Candy™ and Harvest Sweets™ Milk Chocolate/Dark Chocolate/Yogurt Covered Cranberry Blend (mix of all three varieties in the package) because they may contain an undeclared allergen, yogurt covered almonds.
See more Georgia-related recalls by clicking below by year (organized by fiscal year, July 1-June 30):