This page lists recent recall alerts for food and feed products that have been distributed to, and/or were produced here in Georgia. Recall notices come from the GDA as well as the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) or U.S. Department of Agriculture Food Safety Inspection Service (USDA FSIS). To learn more about a recall, click on any of the links below to display the full news release. Only the most recent recalls are posted here, categorized annually by fiscal year (July 1-June 30); click on a year below to see additional recalls. Want to learn more about how recalls are classified (Class I, II or III) or other information about how they're issued? Click here for Product Recalls 101.
- Pilgrim's Pride - Expanded recall of various products due to foreign matter contamination (plastic pieces) that may be present in products. 4.6 million pounds of fully-cooked chicken products are included in the nationwide recall, including products sent to schools.
- CSM Bakery Solutions - Chick-Fil-A Chocolate Chunk Cookies recalled for undeclared trace amounts of peanut protein (an allergen).
- Old Home Kitchens - 14oz. packages of Sliced Lemon Crème Cake (production code 16104 UPC 7121405521), Sliced Vanilla Crème Cake (production code 16104 UPC 7121405520) and Sliced Strawberry Swirl Crème Cake (production code of 16098 UPC 7121405522) due to a potential presence of peanut allergen in a CSM Bakery Solutions supplied ingredient.
- Southeastern Grocers (parent company of BI-LO, Harveys and Winn-Dixie) - 32 oz. Bakery Crème Cakes and 14 oz. Bakery Sliced Crème Cakes, because the products may contain undeclared peanuts. Distributed in all stores throughout GA, AL, FL, LA, MS, NC and SC.
- Tucker Milling - (Feed) - All Stock Tasty 10% (86310) product, dated from 4/1/16 to 4/25/16 due to a choking issues with older horses. See product label here.
- Milky Way International Trading Corp. - Nice! Peach Slices and Nice! Mixed Fruit in 8-ounce glass jars out of an abundance of caution due to potential glass in the product. The affected products were distributed to Walgreens stores nationwide and display the lots below.
- Perfect Fit Meals, LLC - Two varieties of poultry entrees due to misbranding and undeclared allergens (dairy): "Perfect Fit Meals Texas Chicken Ranch Casserole” and “Perfect Fit Meals Chipotle Chicken Sausage." The products were distributed to retail locations nationwide.
- Wylwood - Fresh Frozen Broccoli Cuts, 16 oz (1 lb) packages with UPC 5193300110 due to potential Listeria monocytogenes contamination, distributed to GA and other select states.
- Country Favor Inc. - Best Taste Keo Me Den Candy, 120 g packages dated 2017-12, due to undeclared peanuts (allergen), distributed nationwide.
- Back to Nature Foods - Classic Crème cookies, 12 oz packages with UPC 19898-01103 and best by date of 10 SEP 16 and 16 SEP 16, due to undeclared milk (allergen), distributed nationwide.
- Sugarfina - Sugerfina Milk Chocolate Malt Balls with UPC 840278113565, SKU K1159, because it may contain undeclared peanuts (allergen), distributed to GA and other select states.
- Pilgrim’s Pride Corp. - Gold Kist Farms Fully Cooked Whole Grain Popcorn Style Chicken Patty Fritters in 20 lb boxes (containing two 10 lb bags of product) due to the potential for extraneous plastic materials (foreign material contamination), distributed to GA and other select states.
- Roland Foods, LLC - Roland® Fire Roasted Red Pepper Strips due to the possible presence of glass fragments in the product, distributed nationwide.
- Alimentos Congelados, S.A. (Pinula) - "Wylwood" brand Frozen Broccoli Cuts with the potential to be contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes. The frozen product was distributed to GA and several other states.
- Snyder’s-Lance, Inc. - Emerald® 100 Calorie Pack Roasted & Salted Cashew Halves & Pieces product, distributed nationwide, due to the possible presence of small glass pieces.
- Lee Seed Company, Inc. - Yogurt Super Soynuts, sold online and distributed nationwide by mail order from Nov. 2013 to Mar. 2016, because the product contains undeclared milk.
- Trader Joe's - Chocolate Orange Sticks (UPC 00847162) and Chocolate Raspberry Sticks (UPC 00847122), distributed nationally, because the products may contain more than the stated "traces of milk" on the label.
- Gerber - Two (2) batches of Gerber Organic 2nd FOODS Pouches, due to a packaging defect that may result in product spoilage. Includes "Pears, Carrots & Peas" and "Pears, Apples & Manoges" flavors, distributed nationwide.
- Tri-Union Seafoods, LLC - Chicken of the Sea 5-oz cans of 'Chunk Light' tuna in water or oil, distributed nationally. The recall is due to product process deviations that could result in contamination by spoilage organisms or pathogens, which could lead to life-threatening illness if consumed.
- Bumble Bee Foods, LLC - Bumble Bee 5-oz cans and 4-packs of 'Chunk Light' tuna in water or oil, distributed nationally. The recall is due to product process deviations that could result in contamination by spoilage organisms or pathogens, which could lead to life-threatening illness if consumed.
- Texas Star Nut & Food Co. - Pistachio kernels and products containing pistachio kernels sold under the Nature's Eats, Southern Grove and Fresh Choice brand names. Products were sold between Aug. 2015 and Feb. 2016, distributed to retailers nationwide. The recall is due to the potential for Salmonella contamination.
- Nestle USA Inc. - "DiGiorno pizzeria! Tuscan-style chicken pizza" (best by Aug. 2016) and "Stouffer's chicken lasagna" (best by Jan. 2018), distributed nationwide, because the products may be contaminated with foreign materials.
- Perdue Foods LLC - 8-oz boxes of "Applegate Naturals Chicken Nuggets" (best by Sept. 27, 2016), distributed in Georgia, because the products may be contaminated with extraneous plastic materials.
- Awareness Corp. - 7.4 ounce Boost Tea, sold nationwide, because they have the potential to be contaminated with Salmonella.
- Wonderful Pistachios - Retail packages of Pistachios (Wonderful Brand, Paramount Farms Brand, and Trader Joe's Brand), sold nationwide, because they have the potential to be contaminated with Salmonella.
- Kanan Enterprises - Retail packages of Pistachios, sold nationally through convenience stores, because they have the potential to be contaminated with Salmonella.
- Maytag Dairy Farms - “Maytag Blue” blue cheese wedges, wheels and crumbles, sold nationwide (including at Whole Foods Market stores), because they have the potential to be contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes.
- BI-LO - Store location in Glennville, Ga., recalls cut cantaloupe products because they have the potential to be contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes.
- Health Matters America - Organic Traditions Sprouted Flax Seed Powder and Sprouted Chia & Flax Seed Powder, sold nationwide, because the products may be contaminated with Salmonella.
- Marathon Ventures, Inc. - Retail and bulk packages of raw macadamia nuts, sold nationwide through online website orders, because the products may be contaminated with Salmonella.
- Rucker’s Wholesale and Service Co. - Uncle Bucks and Cabela’s Classic Candies Maple Nut candy peg bags, distributed nationwide in Bass Pro Shops, due to an allergy alert for undeclared peanut ingredient.
- Peking Food - Chef Hon brand assorted varieties of Steamed Buns due to an allergy alert for undeclared egg.
- Wild Blue Yonder Foods - Chappaqua Crunch Simply Granola with Blueberries and Bananas for possible Salmonella risk.
- International Foodsource - Raw pistachios products due to possible Salmonella risk, distributed to food service and retail stores nationally.
- Fresh Express Incorporated - Limited quantity of 32-ounce Fresh Express Chopped Romaine with a Product Code of G034A06A and Use-By Date of February 19 due to a possible exposure to undeclared allergens.
See more Georgia-related recalls by clicking below by year (organized by fiscal year, July 1-June 30):