Tuesday, June 21, 2011
AtlantaFresh Artisan Creamery, 6679 Peachtree Industrial Blvd., Norcross, is voluntarily recalling 60 pounds of fresh mozzarella because the product was inadequately pasteurized.
The fresh mozzarella is shaped in 8-ounce balls with a code date of “Best By 7/16.”
The cheese was sold at the following farmers markets:
- Sandy Springs Farmers Market
- Alpharetta Farmers Market
- Marietta Farmers Market
- Peachtree Road Farmers Market
- Piedmont Park Farmers Market
- Grant Park Farmers Market
The problem was discovered during a routine inspection by a Georgia Department of Agriculture sanitarian. Inadequately pasteurized cheese could contain bacteria that cause illness.
# # #